In May, Tina Kotek’s hand-picked replacement for Oregon House Speaker, Dan Rayfield (D-Corvallis), announced the “Reproductive Health and Access to Care Work Group.” Since their formation, they’ve been working behind closed doors to expand abortion in Oregon.
The work group was formed in reaction to the Dobbs decision with the intention of expanding abortion access and an apparent focus on Eastern Oregon. The group comprised of pro-abortion legislators and activists will be making recommendations to Rayfield on how best to do so.
Wednesday, December 7, 2022, representatives of the work group will report to the House Health Care Committee.
The meeting is open to the public. Oregon Right to Life wants to pack the room and let Oregon’s pro-abortion legislators know that we do not support their radical agenda.
- According to the agenda, the reproductive work group is scheduled to present their report from 2:30–3:00 PM. Attendees should plan to arrive around 1:30 PM so you have time to park and walk to the Capitol.
- ORTL staff will be there to help you find the room (Hearing Room F). We will also provide pro-life stickers since general members of the public will not have the opportunity to speak. Signs are not allowed in committee meetings.
- Currently, only the State Street entrance is open to the public.
- A security screening will be required for admittance into the Capitol.
- More information on visiting the Capitol.
Text ORTL to 716-271-2182 for updates and more pro-life advocacy opportunities.
I cannot be there but this is more than just reproductive health that we prolifers are up against recently received a two page letter from a law center I Ohio about putting euthanasia drugs into shots for the sick and disabled children and aduls….Oregon already has this but it’s an approved law …they are changing the Right to life and death with dignity laws to medical assistance in dying….start researching the medicare for all that Biden wants
Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend. But we will get the word out and be in prayer regarding this!